Thursday, September 4, 2014

more 090414

I got sesame candy, my favorite snack carried by the Chinese grocery store, and picked out walnut cookies for my wife. She doesn't have a favorite snack from there, but I keep trying to find her one.

Now that we have sent the first trace fossil manuscript to a publisher it is time to get back to work on the second trace fossil project. The question arose as to whether the relative positions of about 80 small burrows on a large sandstone slab are random or not. It shouldn't be too hard to find out, although I don't know exactly how to do it. One problem is the question of whether all of them should be classified as having been made by the same kind of creature doing the same kind of thing. It will be simple enough to test the subgroups separately and together, once we figure out what test to apply.

The farmers market is about done with the summer vegetables. I did get a few tomatoes, and there probably will be some next week, but I don't know about after that. I got cucumbers, and I am pretty sure there won't be any of those next week. I didn't need sweet peppers, because we still have some of our own.

Tonight is an art show opening, but it looks like rain and I don't know if we will go. The artist is a friend of ours, so we really want to go. On the other hand, my wife isn't even home from work yet.

No comments: