Wednesday, July 6, 2016

070616


I was sick yesterday and spent most of the day in bed. It reminded me too forcefully of the approximately 3 months I spent bed sick last year. Yesterday, I am afraid I was a bad patient. I am up today, but staying home from work until lunchtime. That should be long enough to find out if I have really recovered.

In the meantime…

I used to think that when countries merged
this was one step toward a global civilization
Soviet Union didn't count obvs.
a lot of people in Britain
didn't think the EU counted either
hell, plenty of people in red states
claim they want to secede
which would mean giving up the government teat
on which they depend so much
global civilization may be dead
but at least hypocrisy isn't

is that a poem?
many would say no
is poetry dead too?!

No comments: