Thursday, February 4, 2021

020421

 

This is a dream I had last night. I don't usually remember much from a dream, but for some reason this one was an exception. Does that mean something? I doubt it.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a quadriplegic and I can't drive. So any place I can't roll to I need a driver for. I've been working from home since March, but I do have an office, which happens to be 2.2 miles west northwest of my house.

 

At the beginning of the dream one of my caregivers, call her A, was driving me to work. I don't know why we were going there late at night, but there you go. She hadn't been there with me in a while and missed the entrance to the parking lot we use, so we drove past the building and parked on the other side. I noticed that the whole front of the building was covered with a wire fence, the kind they use when they're working up above. That fence does not appear again in this story. So after we parked we were suddenly in the building that has my office in it. Except it wasn't the real building, and it wasn't the other building, it wasn't any real building at all. I don't know what I was doing there, but I was very busy. After a while I went back in my office for some reason and I noticed it was 130 in the morning. I said "A, look at the time! We have to go." Outside my office is a lab, but this wasn't my real office and it wasn't the real lab. Also, the agency head was there in the middle of the night, perhaps doing some last-minute science stuff for a paper (we are geologists). I asked him if he wanted the lights left on, and he said yes. He specified which ones. We headed towards the lobby, but just then somebody else I work with (not, I think, a real person) came in. He asked if we wanted the lights on. We did. God knows what the stuff about the lights was from.

At this point we were suddenly walking down the sidewalk towards the place where we usually park. Apparently both of us forgot that the we didn't leave the car there this time. Back to the other side of the building, and she had parked right next to a dumpster or corrugated metal shed or something, so close to it that the front passenger door couldn't be opened. I should mention that as far as I'm aware I was not in a wheelchair in any part of the story.

For some reason we had to walk up the roof of the shed? Storage building? At the very same moment a rather attractive Asian woman was walking down. She seemed hesitant to come too close, perhaps because it was almost 2 in the morning, but eventually we traded places. Then I looked down at the roof of the van and I guess that's how I got in, because I sure couldn't open the door.

The end.

Then I woke up. And for a second I wasn't sure how I got from the van to my bed.

I'm sorry to have subjected you to this narrative, but I did warn you at the beginning that it was about a dream.

No comments: