Sunday, January 8, 2017

Review of The Sea of Time



The Sea of Time

P.C. Hodgell

review

This book is about strange people in a strange world. Magic works. Many kinds of magic. Time and space can change without warning, yet somehow ordinary people manage to survive. The viewpoint character is no ordinary person, though. Jame is honorable, hard-working, a fighter, peculiar and dangerous, and literally not of this world (the world of the story; of course she is not of our world). Her people are peculiar and dangerous, too, but when they come up against her, bad things tend to happen to them.

I have been reading this series since the first book was published in 1982 and it has certainly been a long strange trip. My wife and I have started to beg all of the powers that might be to keep PC Hodgell alive long enough to finish the series. The way things are going, that will be at least three or four more books and several decades. But is that too much to ask? I think when the next book comes out. I will treat myself to the almost unendurable pleasure of rereading the entire series from the beginning. You should do that now.

No comments: