Tuesday, November 21, 2023

112123b



Daughter and son-in-law are about to leave to visit his side of the family for Thanksgiving. That's fair, because they live with us, Although that means it may just be the two of us for Thanksgiving. That's fair too, because two of my wife's sisters and their husbands just visited us for pre- Thanksgiving. No turkey, but lots of fun talking politics and reminiscing about the old days when rock was young

I am able to appreciate the humor of jokes about Thanksgiving with the family, but my family has always made Thanksgiving the best holiday of the year. When I got married I discovered that my wife's family did too!

We used to visit my aunt and uncle every year at Thanksgiving when I was young, need it or not, and many years that was the only time we saw them. I have to laugh now thinking about how long that two and a half hour car trip seemed. Now if we want to visit anybody it's at least 8 hours! Keeps it wonderful like it was when I was a child. or maybe they are just nice people. Actually, I'll go with that, because I felt that way when some of them were only half an hour away. Now, 14 hours in the car each way is perfectly reasonable for that part of the family.

I am truly sorry that some people don't have good relationships with their families. I wish they did.

No comments: