Tuesday, December 26, 2023

122623



My latest dream. My wife and I were in a big fancy hotel. We were there for some kind of technical meeting. This is very odd, because I'm a geologist and she's an artist. We rarely move in the same circles, professionally speaking. But there we were. I saw a bunch of high-powered physicists going into the room across the hall from us, and I followed them. It turned out they were having some kind of secret meeting about something of earth-shattering importance. They all looked at me, because I didn't belong there. I sat quietly on the floor in the corner, finger to my lips, hoping that they would start talking about whatever the meeting was about. However, before they did, my wife came into the room. It was clear from their expressions that two Interlopers was at least one too many, and we left. She was ready to leave the building, but I realized that we had forgotten my phone in the room we had been in originally. I knew that because its alarm was going off. Then I woke up and realized the alarm really was going off. So, I didn't learn a thing, but I probably wouldn't have understood anything they said anyway.

No comments: