Wednesday, June 19, 2024

061924c



Got an email today about the 50th reunion of my high School graduating class. I had three friends in high school; two of them were a year behind me. The one person I was good friends with in my class apparently isn't going. One of the organizers is a girl I had a crush on then, and as for the rest go, I recognize a few names, but no faces come to mind. I haven't been to one of the reunions yet, and I guess I won't start now! I had four friends in college and I've never gone to one of those reunions either. I think none of those people have, and I am still in touch with two of them. I'm not going to start now with that either. I do get a feeling of nostalgia as I read the invitation, but that wouldn't be any stronger if I was actually there. I could drive by the old homestead and see how it looks, and whether the bamboo I planted on the other side of the road has taken off yet. Be still my heart! As I think of it, I've got six friends now. At least I'm headed in the right direction!

No comments: